Sunday, July 5, 2009

Summer, Parties, and Potties



































































Are we really already half way through summer break? Well for our family, we spend a lot of time at home just hanging out because it is an enormous deal to try and venture out with two two year olds. We bought a little pool for the girls and they spend hours in it...splashing and having fun. I am really missing our pool from our old house. Summer with a pool...and then summer without a pool...hmmm...need to budget that in again! That pool brought our family together, along with all the kids in the neighborhood! Which I might add, did not bother me at all!

We spent the 4th with our family and some friends. It was really fun! We also surprised my brother with gifts and a cake for his 30th birthday! For those of you that know him, know this already but for those of you that don't, my brother Jason, is a great guy! He is a former marine, a dedicated police officer, a loving husband, a great dad, and an Air Force Reservist. I want to honor him and all the other military personell that follow their hearts and serve our country so that we can remain free. The fourth of July remains a holiday for us because of people like him. I am thankful for him and proud of the man that he has become. Happy Birthday Bubba!






















I can't believe I am saying this but Bella will be three on Friday. Now, I don't know if it is just me or what but time is a flying! Being baby number 4, it seems like yesterday that I was pregnant with her. She is getting to be the big girl. She has finally decided to potty train...quite the task with all of our recent travels. We would get a really good start and then she would just resort back to the diaper. Understandably though with all the changes. Tough on a girl at times! Lili Kate is also in the process of potty training and doing quite well might I add. I am so proud of the progress she is making. She sleeps well, plays well, and is now speaking some really nice english. Granted it is with a cantonese twist, but nevertheless, it's english! She is doing much better in crowds too. When we went to the party yesterday for the fourth, she put on the show. She loved the attention. For the first time, she liked being the center of attention for a minute. She's a true sweetheart.

















Hope everyone enjoyed their holiday! Thanks to all of our soldiers, past and present, for serving our country!
~bobbie~

2 comments:

  1. LK blesses my heart during worship at church! she is too much! did you see her lay face down at one point? and how awesome for her first 4th of july- her first year of freedom in a family with lots of LOVE. you are all blessed. love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun pictures. We're in the middle of potty training at our house too. I had forgotten just how much work it is to potty train when running errands. Have a super week. Have fun celebrating an upcoming 3rd birthday!!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete