Monday, November 24, 2008

How do we stand the wait?




For those of you that are reading this that has already been through the adoption process, you know exactly what I mean when I say, "How do we stand the wait?" Now that we know who she is, it is harder than ever before to wait. The good news is though, that it will be shorter and certain! That is the good part. We know we should travel within the next few months and that is awesome but....why the wait? Everything is done electronically and it still takes an eternity to get there. Oh well...my social worker said, "just shop and prepare" and that's what I intend on doing. We are going to put up her bed and get her things all washed up and ready for her after Thanksgiving so no matter when she comes home, we'll be ready for her.




Friday is such a blur. Gettting that call that I have waited on for so long was surreal. I had a lot of irons in the fire trying to get ready for HT's surprise 13th birthday party and I was having the hardest time focusing on the task at hand. I think I talked my mom into a trance that day! God love her! I was so excited I could barely stand myself! She could probably barely stand me either! :) Both her and my Aunt L were here helping out with the party and I don't know what I would have done without them. They were a heaven send that day!




Haley's birthday bash was a success and she was so blessed by all of her friends that came. She is so grown up and at 13, such a wonderful blessing to her daddy and me. I am including a picture of that night for you to see...




So far we have been so blessed by everyone around us. Thank you all for your love and support as we journey through this process of bringing little LK home.




Have a blessed Thanksgiving! I know we will. We have alot to be thankful for this year!


5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your referral! Your little one is absolutely darling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations again on your little sweet heart. Feel free to email or ask any questions. Our daughter's heart condition was pretty severe and she's fully recovered and is catching up on all her physical and developmental milestones. I'm forever changed because of our little SN heart baby. I'd do it again in a second. I'm glad Buffi shared your blog. Retail therapy is definitely in order to make the time pass more quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yea....shopping for precious Lili Kate will do WONDERS for ya!! Did they give you her measurements and stuff?!?! I'm just going to give you a call. I finally have a moment!!! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!! Love ya girl!!
    Buffi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the referral of your beautiful little girl! I'm so excited for you!

    It's nice to meet another Lifeline family--thanks for following our blog. I look forward to seeing all of you together!

    Happy Thanksgiving,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice to "meet" you!! Congratulations on your newest Princess...your toddler is precious to recognize her as such.

    You Lili-Kate looks like my Guizhou girl Luci, to my eyes. I'm always looking for something familiar to give our Luci more roots than just ours. Are you willing to share what province she's from?

    You have a lovely family. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all better, and following your journey. :) We got to take our older children to China with us--still a financial burden on us but what a gift for them to see ... just everything.

    bless you!
    susan

    ReplyDelete