Saturday, November 22, 2008

We have a referral!


I have always heard that the closer to time in getting a referral you will begin to see lots of ladybugs. We have had a influx of them in only one room of our house for 2 weeks now. Everywhere I turn, they are everywhere. I am a believer that God sends "breadcrumbs" and we've been getting them for weeks now.
I woke up at 4 am and just had a knowing inside that we were going to get some news...


Yesterday at 11 am I got a call on my cell phone from our agency. They said they had a baby girl who will be 2 on Christmas Eve. Of course we immediately fell in love. She has a mild heart condition that will have to be checked out when we return home. We quickly accepted the referral and now we just wait for approximately 3-4 months to get our letter of acceptance from China and we travel! Yeaaaa!


We desperately want to take our children with us so please pray that these details will get sorted out. They want to go and meet their new baby sister "Lili-Kate". We are so excited! She's a beauty! We already love her!

5 comments:

  1. Yippppeeee! We are so excited to watch your family go through this beautiful process! How amazing god is to have picked her out of a crowd....just for you guys! She is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH BOBBIE....She is beautiful!!!!! What province is she from?!?! This is so exciting!!!! I can't wait to talk to you!!! I bet you just sit and stare at her picture!!! That's what we did with Sadie!!! I just can't wait now for every bit of news you get!! If I can do anything to help you...please let me know!!! Love ya girl!!!!!
    Buffi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buffi shared your blog with me and I'm so thrilled to meet another adoptive family with a child who has a heart condition. We traveled to China last March and our daughter underwent open-heart surgery 3 weeks after we returned home. She has 4 things wrong with her heart and she's made a full recovery.

    I've been doing a whole adoptive series on my blog to celebrate National Adoption Awareness month. Feel free to poke around. We've talked about everything from SN adoptions to shopping tips in China. I just love my adoptive blogging friends.

    Happy Thanksgiving and many blessings to your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOO HOO!! I'm so excited for you guys! I'm so glad you have a blog I can follow too. :) Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!! Lili-Kate is absolutely adorable! Actually I think she looks like a little Jorja (our daughter)! What Province is she from?
    I will be praying of for a much shorter wait for your LOA then we had!!
    Lili-Kate needs to held by her family!!! :)
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and saying "hi"!
    Love to meet other Lifeline families!
    ~ Jodi Sue
    www.headsup07up.blogspot.com

    We are out of state - so we feel a bit detached some times. :)

    ReplyDelete