Saturday, February 28, 2009

Hawaiiiiii.....
















We made it to Hawaii on Tuesday late in the afternoon here in Waikiki. It is beautiful, wonderful, heavenly, and WINDY! We have talked to many people that have said that the weather this week is fairly unusual. It is incredibly windy and kinda chilly but ohhhh so wonderful! The second day here my aunt came down with the stomach virus and on day 3 and 4 Jeff has had it! What a fine time for the stomach bug! We have made the most of it any-o-hoo! Today we visited Pearl Harbor and the USS Arizona and that was very emotional. You actually go out over the battleship that has rested on the ocean floor. There lie approximately 900 men that died when the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor. I was so glad we visited that memorial. It helped me remember the sacrifices that have been made for our country and the ones that are continually made for my freedom as an American.










The kids are having a blast. Here are a few pics...










Still waiting to hear on our TA. Should be hearing something within the next week or two.










Aloha *bt*





2 comments:

  1. It's 12 degrees this morning in West Michigan. I'm so jealous of your tropical beaches. Enjoy every minute of your lovely trip. I can't wait to hear the official news that your TA and CA is confirmed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl....I had no clue you were in hawaii!! WOW!! I'm jealous!!;p Well...it's a perfect thing to do just before you travel to get Lili-Kate. Your last family vacation without her. WOW...that's a thought isn't it?!?! Have a great time. I look forward to hearing you've gotten your TA! Hope yall are over that stomach bug!! UGH...I've had it all week over here too and it is NO FUN!!! Love yall!! Have a great time!
    Buffi

    ReplyDelete