Wednesday, April 29, 2009

We made it! We are in China!

Hey everyone,

We finally made it! After a two hour drive to the airport, a two hour flight to Newark, a 13 and a half hour flight to Beijing and a half hour drive to our hotel....WE ARE HERE! First of all, let me say that BG was an angel! I mean an angel! We were so blessed on this trip! When we got ready to board the first plane BG was heading down the portal and JT said "you ready?" and she answered, "let's go get Lili-Kate!" Off she marched like a big girl! On our flight to Beijing, we were with mostly chinese and a few Americans...but right beside us was a woman and her 20 month old little girl. She wanted to play with BG and the mother called BG "sister". The entire trip she called BG "sister". That little chinese princess stole my heart. The people here are very nice and we have a great guide to help answer our hundred questions! Of course we are EXHAUSTED! We are 13 hours ahead of our family at home and trying to stay awake to get on schedule but...I don't know if I am gonna make it! :) I will start posting some pics as soon as I can...

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a safe arrival. I can't wait to follow your journey. Sleep as best you can. One of the hardest adjustments is the time change. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! i'm so glad you made it safe... "bg" is awesome! praise God! can't wait to see pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH I just JUMPED for JOY when I saw you had posted!! Girl...I am SO EXCITED!!!! I cannot wait for pictures and can't wait to hear ALL ABOUT your days!! We're over here praying for you!!! Let us know if there are specifics to pray for you! Have a great time in Beijing!! A trip of a lifetime!!!! Love you guys!!!
    Buffi
    p.s. If you have Ambien...I would take it while in Beijing to help with sleeping at night. I slept the BEST while in Bejing...thanks to Ambien!! :)

    ReplyDelete